For all builders or owner builders constructing new homes, commercial developments and shed’s, JD Roofing is the company you need on your project.
We offer an excellent service to all new roofing enquiries, encompassing Metal Fascia & Gutter, Metal Battens, Colorbond or Zincalume Roofing and Air-Cell Insulation.
A quick overview of our job process, so you know what to expect.
- First one of our fully trade qualified roofers will attend your property to meet you and discuss the concerns you have with your roof. Within this visit, our objective will be to thoroughly investigate the issues you have, clearly identify the causes and provide a detailed and appropriate solution to your individual requirements.
- If you wish to proceed with the estimate, our safety rail scaffold system is installed to ensure that our men will be safely operating on the roof and insure that all WHS laws and legislations are adhered to regimentally.
- Once work begins, our first step is to safely remove the existing roof, be assured all procedures implemented by our staff are proven and tested methods of safely and efficiently removing your roof. We are also conscious of future weather conditions and will only proceed with forward works conditions permitting to ensure the safety of the job and protection of your property,
- If required, our company will replace any damaged battens, or in instances where your existing battens are not suitable, replace all battens. We also re-screw all battens that we have not replaced ensuring they are tied down to your trusses properly insuring your roof will last the distance.
- We then install your new roof, insulation and guttering. For larger houses, generally we do not remove the entire roof of the property. We will re-roof your home in stages ensuring that at the end of each day you have your entire roof covered by either old or new roof to make sure you do not get internal damage in the event it rains or storms overnight. A last resort only is to tarp a roof and is not standard practice to do so depending on damage.
- Once all works are completed, a thorough site clean is conducted and all nails, screws and left over materials are removed from site and the safety rail/edge protection is generally removed within a few days of the job being completed.
- After clean up, one of our production supervisors personally inspects the job to quality control the project and again ensure that you have received the best possible roof for your investment.
JD Roofing proudly support local suppliers Parnell’s Metal Industries for our roofing materials.
If Bluescope products are required for high marine conditions or large scale commercial works JD Roofing can source these for you.
Below is a guide to help you make the right choices when ordering roofing materials to ensure you select the product that suits your requirements.
Parnells Roofing Products
A corrugated profile, CUSTOM ORB comes light weight, yet durable and strong. It is also very economical. Custom orb is available in long lengths and this is an advantage as they can be fitted easily without much overlapping. They are easy to align and provide an excellent look once finished.
- It is widely used in both wall applications as well as roofing
- Available in steel colours in the COLOURBOND materials or Parnell’s Unicoat
- It comes at a length of 24 m and hence can be used without expansion joints
- It has a width of 762 mm, making it completely durable
- The roofing can be done flat or it can be curved to provide flexibility
NB: Not suitable under a 5 degree pitch
A subtle square fluted steel cladding is manufactured (Parnell’s PRODECK), which comes handy because it has a very long length and it could be used right from the start to the edge without any laps. Though it is lightweight, the strength of steel very strong and also has an appreciably strong spanning capacity.
This is the ideal choice of many contractors who are working on contemporary style homes, but with an economic budget. This is also used in commercial and industrial applications.
- It is widely used in both the wall applications as well as roofing
- Available in steel colours in the COLOURBOND material
- It has a width of 762 mm, making it completely durable
NB: Can be used to a 2 DEGREES PITCH
Manufactured as a concealed fixed cladding with a wide cover KLIP-LOK 700 offers long spans and appreciably good uplift performance. The micro-cross fluting that comes with flat pans and bold rep provides excellent strength and even works on low pitched roofs. As it is available on a roll machine (Mobile) this allows onsite rolling to get full length without any transportation limitation
- The sheets do not get punctured while fixing clips safely secure the sheet
- It could be laid down smoothly with the excellent water tightness
- It has a 700 mm cover width
- It could be used to as an over insulation on an excising installation of about 100 mm thickness
- Hex head screws are used to fix the clips
- As it is done with a transverse fluting it has a longer life span
NB: Not suitable under a 1 degree pitch
Spandek is a contemporary looking, trapezoidal profile which is ideal where a stronger, bolder, more modern corrugated appearance is required. It combines strength with lightness, rigidity and economy.
- Can be used for both roofing and walling applications
- Available in a wide variety of COLORBOND® steel colours
- Allows wide support spacings
NB: May be used on roof pitches from as low as 2 degrees
The COLORBOND steel Ultra steel range for Roofing, Walling, Gutters, Downpipe and Fascia is especially designed for severe coastal and industrial environments.